Beginnings

A long long time ago, in a state far far away I had a blog. It was primarily about my ministry with Compassion but covered other things. As time moved on the blog became stagnant and untouched. Earlier this year I attempted a restart with all good intentions. However, the timing was not right and I basically got my feelings hurt when someone I considered a mentor mentioned that I was just looking for validation. Honestly I am not sure what that meant. Aren't Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites just a way to publish those things we consider important in our lives? Do we not often post to keep others informed. In this age of "disconnect" isn't it a way to make a connection?

 
   Anyway, this year is rolling right along and I decided to get back in the game. 2018 was a year with numerous changes from moving south, changing jobs and increasing my ministry focus. It now seems the right time to sit down and collect my thoughts. Hence- "The Florida Files". Rather than just being a blog I want to use this site as a journal for my musings. I want it to be a site that contains things that are important to me or that I feel may be important to others. It may even end up containing some of my previous blog posts as they reflected things that I felt were noteworthy. Honestly, I am not looking for validation but would rather share things that impact me.


So follow along if you want.  This is my story..........

(Next up: "All things God")


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Bags are Packed

Jamaica 2019- Trip Report

All Things God